SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
staceyneil

Very belated update on our kitchen reno, sorry!

Stacey Collins
14 years ago

I feel bad for just disappearing after all the great advice and support you all gave us last spring when we were agonizing about our kitchen reno!

We got about 75% finished with it -it was mainly DIY so that did take longer than normal- and then discovered a huge mold problem in the master bath/bedroom that completely usurped our time and money. Sadly, that project is still not complete, as our gorgeous custom calacatta marble shower had moisture problems that have have not been remedied yet :(

Anyway- nearly a year after we began the kitchen, we're making progress again. I finally installed the backsplash last week! It's pretty boring, white subway tiles, but we need this kitchen to be fairly safe and classic for resale in a few years. The tiles themselves are quite lovely, with a nice surface variation that echoes the movement of the marble counter and cherry grain.

Next: trim for the cabinets, top and bottom and light rail...

I'd like to report that the kitchen works really well. Several of you (rhome410 and laxsupermom in particular, and others!) convinced us to move the kitchen to a new area, in the middle of the house. The layout works beautifully. We love being able to look down into the LR/DR area, and we love the hearthside sitting area now adjacent to the kitchen...thank you :)

Backsplash pics:

Comments (25)