SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sporre

5600 Econominder Brine tank overflowing

sporre
14 years ago

My brine tank is overflowing, and I have looked at some old posts with very similar problems, but I still have a question. When the brine tank is filling up, the water continues past the top of the air check piece at the bottom of the plastic tube and just keeps filling. I have cleaned out the tank completely, as well as the air check piece, but it still keeps filling up after I put it all back together.

When I had the air check piece out and was cleaning it in the sink, I could hear the ball go up and down as I dunked the piece in and out of a sink full of hot water.

My specific questions are these:

1. Is the air check valve actually used to stop the water coming from the control head, kind of like in a toilet? Or is the air check just an emergency feature for when the control head tries to put too much water in?

2. How is the control head supposed to know when to stop putting water into the tank?

This seems like a problem only during the brine tank fill step, not a problem with sucking water out of the brine tank. Agreed?

Thanks

Comments (7)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!