SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcward89

Worst day of your reno?

dcward89
10 years ago

So today (and it's only 10am) has been the worst day of this kitchen reno so far. Until last night I still had a working sink and dishwasher but as I was loading the dishwasher it tipped forward onto the floor and the hot water line broke and started leaking everywhere. DH ran downstairs to turn off the water and, not until this day, after living here for 13 years, did we realize that we do not have water shut off valves for the dishwasher. He had to use a shut off valve farther down the line which means no hot water to the dishwasher, kitchen sink, washing machine or the laundry room sink. It was late last night and we couldn't ask DH's brother, who is helping us on this reno and is a licensed plumber, to come over and fix it at that time of night. He is coming over today but I just spent the last hour and 15 minutes washing all the dirty dishes in the bathtub. I am not a happy camper right now. I had to first scrub the tub to within an inch of it's life before I could wash the dishes and then scrub it again after I washed the dishes. And of course it was a whole dishwasher full.

I need to laugh right now and I know there are worse "worst day of your reno" stories out there. So share and help me get past this yucky, yucky stage of our remodel.

Comments (22)