SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chinaski_gw

Incredibly bad designed Grohe kitchen faucet. Help!

Chinaski
13 years ago

I am finishing up full remodels of two bathrooms and my kitchen. I went with an entire Grohe plumbing package for all plumbing materials. Everything installed fine except this ridiculously poorly designed and very expensive Alira 32999S kitchen faucet.

My contractor's plumber has 40 years experience and after messing with it for almost an hour just can't get it to operate properly. The problem is (and I found others have the same problem on Amazon reviews on a search today) is the pullout hose will barely move in and out when off, and when water is on and the hose pressurizes it's completely locked.

I read through the reviews and called Grohe this morning. Grohe's tech support is a joke, and the only thing he could think of for what is a known defect to their design is I should file down the hole on my granite countertops. This was his best "guess" that it "might" be catching at the edge of the granite. Beyond that he had no help. After speaking with him I looked through the instruction diagram and see that the collar that comes with the damn thing would cover that edge of the granite anyways so filing down and risking damage to expensive granite is a complete waste of time.

Before I start the fight with Ferguson to get this returned without massive restocking fees I thought I would check here to see if anyone might have some better suggestions. I certainly don't want to run up a heavy bill with more plumbers to tinker with this thing. If someone knows a surefire way to fix this please let me know. My other question is suggestions of similar replacement models. Thanks

Comments (15)