SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
taft

Help! Cookie dough too soft...

taft
15 years ago

I just finished mixing up this recipe...and the dough is way too soft. It's the consistency of a brownie batter. Should I just add more flour or should I refrigerate it for a few hours?

BTW...the batter tastes wonderful!

Triple Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

1 cup flour

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

10 ounces semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate

1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes

1 tablespoon vanilla

2 teaspoons instant coffee

3 large eggs

1/3 cup brown sugar

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup milk chocolate, chopped into large bits

1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped into large bits

1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts

Preheat oven to 350F. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. Melt the 10 ounces of bittersweet chocolate with the butter in a double boiler over low heat. Remove from heat, and place the top part of the double boiler over a pan filled with warm water to prevent the chocolate from hardening. In a small bowl, mix the vanilla and coffee until the coffee is completely dissolved. Add to melted chocolate and stir. In another bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the eggs, brown sugar and white sugar. Place this bowl on a pot containing hot water (not boiling). Continue mixing by hand until the mixture is warm. Remove the bowl from the hot water. Using the electric mixer, beat the egg mixture for approximately 5 minutes or until it is pale yellow, thick, and cool. Fold into melted chocolate. Fold in the flour. Add chopped chocolate and nuts, stir. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop on a baking sheet by heaping tablespoonfulls, leaving 1 1/2 inches between cookies. Lightly flatten cookies with a floured fork. Place in the upper part of the oven and bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until the cookies are golden. Remove from oven and let cool 3 minutes, then place cookies on a cooling rack.

Note: Translated from the French from Coup de Pouce magazine.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals