SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hgluckman_gw

Undercounter hot/cold filtered water questions

hgluckman
15 years ago

We're planning to add an undercounter hot/cold filtered water system as part of a remodel. The primary reason for the filtration is taste (I'm planning on a water test shortly to determine exactly what we have).

We have two major criteria - the appearance of the faucet, and the overall quality/reliability of the undercounter system.

We haven't settled on the primary kitchen faucet yet, but we're leaning towards copper (brushed or polished) or bronze tones. This limits our choices in finding matching water dispensing faucets, but they do exist. It seems however, that all of the faucets "demand" that you buy the same company's hot water tank. Is this likely to be a problem? I'm guessing that all or most of the companies are really just rebranding the same hot water tank, and the fittings are compatible. Is this true?

Are there any issues with using hot water tanks, chillers and water filter systems from different suppliers? Most of the local dealers are showing Everpure and Water, Inc (Body Glove) filtration systems, but I haven't seen faucets from them that I like as well as Waterstone or Mountain Plumbing.

Opinions and thoughts are welcome.

Comment (1)