SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cansari_gw

Water Softener Loop Problem

cansari
14 years ago

I recently had a water softener loop installed (which runs from my water meter that is outside near the sidewalk to inside a closet in my house). I have a 1" water supply line (gooseneck) running from the water meter to supply the house. When the water softener loop was installed, the plumber used 3/4" line. Thus, the water now comes from the water meter, goes into the new 3/4" loop, which loop ties back into the 1" water supply line (goosneck) that supplies the house.

After the loop was installed, I noticed that my sprinkler system is not working properly (the sprinkler heads are not popping up all the way and they are putting out much less water). I'm not 100% sure whether it was related to the loop installation, but it seems likely.

Also, now that I now that 3/4" line was used for the loop, I am concerned that it has reduced the volume of water available to my house, and after my new shower with multiple shower heads and body sprays is finished, that I won't have sufficient water flow.

Does anyone have any opinions on the plumber's use of the 3/4" line (which the water supply line is 1") and whether my concerns are valid?

Thanks a bunch.

Comments (13)