SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
samkaren_gw

Mom is in Hospice

samkaren
11 years ago

My sister called me and told me that my mom is in hospice and probably has two week at the most to live. some of you may know that I have been estranged from my family for years. I have one of those dysfunctional families. My oldest sister (who called) is the only one I talk to. Her and one of my brothers, as well as myself, have been on the "outs" with my mom and my other brother & sister. She told me that she will not fly in and my other brother won't attend the wake or funeral when it happens. As for myself....well.....I just pray that my mom knows that I do love her but I know if I went I would have to endure that wrath and verbal abuse of the other two. It's not that I would not want to say goodbye but I don't feel that it would matter one way or the other if I was there. It may sound horrible of me to not want to go but I guess deep down I am a coward for not wanting to face the other two. Everyone I have told has said 'go so you don't have any regrets". I have plenty of regrets already.

It's been so emotional for me....first losing my furbaby Dusty in October.....losing my marriage and now this.
All I can do is grieve in private and talk to my friends.
Could sure use a hug right now.

SamKaren
your resident DJ

Comments (50)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!