SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dorry2

Ordering furniture from NC/Acknowledgement Number

dorry2
15 years ago

Has anyone asked and received an acknowledgement number (given to the furn store after placing an order with furn mfr) when placing an order through the furniture stores in NC/SC?

With the economy in a slump, I had done some reading about ordering furniture out of state, checking credit report of furniture company and mfr., etc., and how to avoid losing money, the company folding, etc. The article recommended asking for the acknowledgement number when the order is placed so if the customer does not get satisfaction from the furniture company in terms of a delivery date, or if the delivery is longer than expected or was told, you can contact the furniture mfr., to check the status. This was also suggested since you then know if the order was, in fact, placed, and the furn. store is not holding up your order for whatever reason.

I have placed an order and asked for the ack. numbers and the rep questioned "why would I want that information - no one has ever asked for the ack. number." I explained my reason (wanting to be sure the order has been placed and the furn company is still in business, and he assured me the company is in good standing, etc.) I have yet to receive these numbers for either of the furniture mfrs. from the furniture store. I have the deposit on my credit card, so i feel ok about that, but am annoyed that the store is not sending me the ack. number. If armed with this information, I certainly dont plan to call the furn. mfrs. about my order, but if after 16 weeks I do not have it and the store cannot provide a legitimate explanation, i would have recourse. I realize the furn. store prob doesnt wish to share the ack. number for that reason - that the customer will be contacting the mfrs. Should I continue to push for this information? Your thoughts?

Comment