SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amyjean1983

My Kitchen Sink will not drain

amyjean1983
14 years ago

Hello,

I live in Illinois and we recently started having problems with our kitchen sink...Initially it was working great, we had had some problems with it a few months ago but we snaked the drain and pulled out the clog and the sink worked perfectly...We also replaced the plumbing under the sink...However in the past month the sink started draining very slowly and now it is not draining at all. We have snaked the drain 4 times and each time it comes out clean, no clogs...We also bought the water pressure bladder and did that three times and that did not fix it. We have tried plunging and draino and liquid plumber but nothing seems to fix this. We went up to the roof and checked the vent and there was some snow/ice in the vent but nothing else...The sink was draining for a few seconds and then it would stop draining and the water would bubble. How can I fix this? Is it just a venting problem and the lack of air is causing the drain to work improperly? Do I just have to wait for the snow to melt and hope for the best?

Comments (3)