SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
proudmamato4

I won I won I won I won I won!!!!!

proudmamato4
16 years ago

Yippee!

Yesterday morning on WPOC (in Baltimore) I heard about the 1st annual cookie swap hosted by Laurie De Young. I decided to submit a few of my recipes, and I won, I won, I won! The winner is the Ribbon Cookie that is in my platter on my other post about Christmas Cookies. I get a $100 gift certificate to Marley Station Mall, $50 worth of MD lottery scratch offs, and to attend a luncheon and cookie swap hosted by California Pizza Kitchen with a guest! I'm so excited!

Here's the winning recipe in case you're interested.

Ribbon Cookies

Bands of cherry and chocolate cookie dough color these cookies in festive fashion.

1 c. butter

1 1/2 c. sugar

1 large egg

1 tsp vanilla extract

1/4 tsp almond extract

2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 c. finely chopped candied red cherries, divided

1/4 c. chopped almonds

1 (1-ounce) square unsweetened chocolate, melted

Line bottom and sides of a 9- x 5- x 3-inch loafpan with plastic wrap; set aside.

Beat butter in a large mixing bowl at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg and flavorings, beating well.

Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. (Dough will be stiff.)

Divide dough in thirds. Stir half of cherries into one-third of dough; press into prepared pan.

Stir almonds and melted chocolate into one-third of dough; press over dough in pan.

stir remaining half of cherries into remaining one-third of dough; press over doughs in pan. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.

Invert pan, and remove dough; remove plastic wrap. Cut dough lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake at 350; for 10-12 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 7 dozen.

Comments (35)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!