SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
refin

Kitten is pregnant -- what to do

refin
16 years ago

Our six month old kitten may be pregnant. She and her brother were scheduled to be spayed/neutered at 4 1/2 months, the Humane Society(where she was to be spayed) had to cancel because they lost a surgeon and it was rescheduled for tomorrow. However, in the meantime, I caught the siblings mating twice. The girl may be pregnant and my issue is this: she can be spayed tomorrow and the pregnancy is "resolved" (I am not kidding, this is what they called it) or let her have the kittens. We have had these two kittens since they were 9 weeks old and four people want us to at least breed the girl. (They both have amazing personalities -- super calm and sweet). However, she is still a kitten at 6 months. I also really don't want a cat in heat in our apt for several months so, if she isn't pregnant, I won't hold off on the spaying (and let her have kittens later). Also, I work from home so am here most of the day and no vacations planned. I wouldn't even think about it if I didn't have people who wanted these kittens.

Comments (20)