SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gavavemom_gw

Can someone explain what drives the price of faucets & help pick?

gavavemom
11 years ago

I have a builder grade Moen pullout that is corroded and needs to be replaced badly. It sits on a plate on top of a ceramic white 2 basin Kohler sink. We have no plans for a remodel now but do in the future. We need a new faucet now that will sit on a plate but when we upgrade will sit through one hole. I am spending a lot if time trying to figure this out and my husband keeps saying its just a faucet! My budget is about $300 and I really like the high arc faucets with a pull down. We only have about 2.5 inch clearance now between the current faucet and the Formica backsplash. There is also an open window between the kitchen and the sunroom. From what I've been reading here, getting something that is all metal is important but why is getting a metal hose important? I like modern, clean lines and am looking for something that will go with our stainless appliances. Some of the faucets I've seen are quite tall (around 16") and have a bulky base and handle. Why are some faucets so expensive and others not so much? Anyone have any recommendations on brand, model? I appreciate it!

Comments (20)