SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Bill V, and others: tile opinion needed.

beekeeperswife
14 years ago

Hey gang, I need a little advice from everybody. First let me start with my dh says that it will be fine and nobody will notice if we do nothing about my potential problem.

Tomorrow the glorious beveled arabesque tiles will be installed. Last night I held up one of the end pieces and I realized that it is thicker than the apron piece of one side of my windowsill. The windowsill is slightly smaller on one side, not sure why, we aren't going to fix it, it really isn't noticeable. The tile slightly hangs over.

So I'm sure Bill V can advise if I should even consider "shaving" the tile to make it thinner or is that opening up a whole new can of worms. Do I just use a bit of caulk under the tile to smooth the transition?

I did think of not bringing the tile to the edge of the wall, but rather ending it at the end of the apron, but that didn't look good.

So, what do you guys think? These are close ups, so in real life it won't look this dramatic. I mean, when was the last time you laid across your granite counter and looked down the wall? This was the first time for me.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (5)