SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19777916

idea for pet arthritis/aches

User
16 years ago

Hi: I have a rescue, short haired 12 pound older dog that I adopted about a year ago. Since I have some health problems, I often use a microwave heat bag and also keep my a/c set at about 77 degrees. My son paid over $20. for the heat bag.

TrudyRose spent the first month with me with cold ears and cold feet. Then I accidentily left the heat bag on the couch after using it. Within minutes, TrudyRose was wrapped around the heat bag and dozing. Really cute. She just loves this warm bag and sometimes I hear snoring when she's using it.

I recently washed the cover and discovered how they are made. Take a long cotton sport sock and fill it with about 2 cups of regular, cheap rice. Sew the end closed. That's it. To use, microwave for no more than 2 minutes. I only microwave 1 1/2 minutes. For TrudyRose to use it, I wrap it in a dishtowel so she won't get burned. For a large lab type dog, you could sew some thick cotton toweling together and use 3 cups of rice. It would be easier to microwave a couple of the sock type for a large dog, tho.

Hope someone can use this information.

Comments (2)