SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Craft room reno pix

neetsiepie
13 years ago

This is actually the smallest of 3 bedrooms in our house. For a very long time I was reluctant to utilize it as a working work space, such as adding in cabinetry, etc. I don't know why...it's just DH and I and we're not planning to move any time soon! We've got plenty of room for overnight guests in the guest room and other rooms. So I finally took the plunge and made this room mine.

Before: I used an old farm house table as my desk/work table.

From office reno

New secretary I bought at IKEA. It houses the computer & office things.

From office reno

I scrapbook and make jewelry. I used an old dresser to store things and set up a crafting table when I worked. It was a MESS! Nothing was in one place, and I was constantly searching for things. Plus I had no where to store anything but in the drawers.

From office reno

Now...I moved the farm table over to that wall and added shelving.

From office reno

I also used this chest of drawers to store office supplies and craft supplies. The closet was a disorganized mess.

From office reno

I added vintage molding to this cubed case and added my own funky style to it. The closet is actually organized!

From office reno

I still need to recover the chairs in the room and add some better task lighting to my workspace. I bought a super cute lamp at Home Goods, but that was before I found the set up I used, and now it won't work in there. I also planned to add molding to the new built ins, but once they were in, I liked the way they looked, so left them. I think I can live with the colors in the room...it's now set up to inspire me rather than depress me, and that is what is most important in my work.

I love the long tall cabinet in the right corner, it holds my scrapbooks and I was also able to tuck my sewing machine & sewing case in there too. I have more room now to set up the machine for quick jobs, and if I need to add another table back in for big jobs, I have room now.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz