SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brianadarnell_gw

Ordering Cabinets Soon...Can you please take a look at my layout?

brianadarnell
13 years ago

Hi All,

I have spent so much time on this forum and I have learned SO MUCH! I honestly don't know what I would have done without the information I have gained. I think I finally have my layout how I want it, but I wanted to have someone else take a peek to make sure I don't have any glaring issues! This is a new build. The kitchen is framed.

here are the facts:

I am the primary cook. I spend a LOT of time cooking and not much time baking. I would much prefer for my kitchen to be usable for cooking than baking. I often find myself with many pots going at once (hence the 36" range). DH doesn't cook much, but he does sit nearby to visit while I am in the kitchen. We don't currently have any kids, but there will hopefully be a few kids in the future. I do have a pantry, so I am not worried about the storage of food. The back of the island (under the overhang) will serve as storage for china, crystal, and infrequently used items. I envision that the groceries will come in through the hallway and land on the island for unloading. I chose a single level island for the purpose of projects and I am not worried about hiding the clutter from the view of people in other rooms. I try to clean up as I go along and we never leave dishes to be cleaned later. I envision most of my prep occuring between the sink and the range.

Other info:

The hallway to the right of the refrigerator leads to the garage. The kitchen is completely open to the Great Room and Dining Room. The microwave is in the full height cabinet to the left of the sink.

I don't think I have forgotten anything...I would appreciate it if you can give my your opinions!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths