SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cj47_gw

I have a layout! Please take a look....

cj47
14 years ago

Woo hoo!! I have a layout for the new kitchen, and I'd like to put out a request for anyone who's willing to take a look at it and tell me what you think, please! I am working with a kitchen designer and she's absolutely terrific, but the more eyes that can take a look, the less chance of something slipping by me that will cause endless frustration later. I have had enough frustration with the old kitchen, and do not care to have any more. So, thank you, one and all!!

Here are the details: We are adding 10 feet on to the back of our house. Part of this will be the kitchen and a laundry room, part will be a master bedroom suite. So, we are starting from scratch with a blank area. I am the primary cook, but I have two kids who are fast learning to cook and bake and are starting to enjoy it, so I want them to have space to be in the kitchen with me, if possible. We eat in most of the time and do a lot of cooking in this kitchen, mostly from scratch, so good prep areas are important. I want my kitchen to be a comfortable, warm and welcoming space. I have plans for shaker style cherry cabs, and laminate countertops--hence the straight lines of the island, as they can't be curved. (builder says).

There will be:

30" Double Wall Ovens (Electrolux, probably, Kitchenaid, maybe. Stay tuned for angst over this)

A 36" Miele Induction Cooktop (Already ordered!!)

Dishwasher (More angst to come)

Microwave that is used ONLY for reheating things

25 sq ft freestanding fridge (Amana?)

Espresso Machine, 9.5" X 11" plus a large grinder.

Hood, under consideration but probably a Best under cabinet

Need: A coffee area near a water source for the espresso and coffee setup.

Baking area: I mill my own grains and bake lots of bread, and need space for this.

Large pantry: I have lots of kitchen stuff--the flour mill, buckets of grain, coffee roasters, etc. I'm geeky that way.

Seating for 4 at a breakfast counter

Room for a dining room table for dinner and family gatherings.

So far, she's got it all in there, bless her heart. What do you guys think? The kitchen ceiling will be vaulted and there will be trapezoid windows up top to let in more light. What do you think? Am I missing anything important?

Thank you!!!

Cj

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1608018}}

Comments (16)