SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mokanee

Question about allergies..

mokanee
16 years ago

Hello again everyone,

I have a question I thought I would pose to you because some of you may have run into a similar situation.

My BF and I have been dating for over 3 years now, and are seriously thinking about moving on to the next step of our relationship. Thing is he is quite allergic to cats. We don't live together, but right now he is spending about a week at my place. He goes to bed with a headache, snores throughout the night, and wakes up all stuffy and with sinus pressure (he doesn't actually sneeze too much, it's more of a sinus issue). Not fun for him. I vacuum and dust like crazy, and change the sheets on the bed every time he comes over but this does not seem to be enough. Obvioiusly getting rid of the cat I've had for 10 years is out of the question so please nobody suggest that. Is there anything else I/we can do to try to lessen his allergy symptoms? Does anyone have any experience with a "shot" he can get? Or I've heard there is a non-chemical spray that I can use on my cat to lessen the dander? Is this dangerous to her? What if I bathe her once or twice a month? Anything? And really how much of a difference do air purifiers make (hepa filters)? They are expensive but if they actually make a difference, then it may be worth it.

Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (12)