SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvhorses_gw

Reasonable expectation for cabinet delivery?

luvhorses
15 years ago

Yesterday, my local cabinet guy informed me he'd be in on the 2nd or 3rd week of May to install cabinets. When asked why so long, he explained that he had several other projects to wrap up. Keep in mind, I initially contacted cabinet makers in November for proposals; worked off and on for weeks on design and informed this guy in February I'd chosen his cabinets. On March 5, the tweaking of specifics was finished and I offered him the deposit. However, he's a man who won't make a deal with a woman and wanted to meet again on March 9 with my husband present. Subsequently, we gave him a deposit of $6800 which he "banked" on or about March 19.

Although, I hadn't asked for a specific finish date, he agreed more than once he'd begin with the down payment. Now, he's predicting completion for 10 or 11 weeks after we gave him the "go ahead" and 8 or 9 weeks he "banked" the money.

Furthermore, we're rural, economy is slow, practically no new building going on and much competition for projects.

Actually, our house was framed in less time than this guy proposes for cabinets. I know, I've waited until the last minute to order the cabinets, but they all have told me to wait till the drywall was up to finalize and everything has gone fast after that.

Is over 2 months lead time for cabinets unreasonable? What's your experience?

Comments (12)