SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaysd_gw

Which quartzite do you like better with walnut?

kaysd
12 years ago

DH and I went to look at slabs this weekend. There were 2 stones we both liked: White Macaubus and Azul Macaubus. The White Macaubus has the white and gray coloring I like from marble, although the pattern is more linear (which I think is cool, but it is a different look). The slabs were large enough that we should be able to do the whole kitchen with 2 slabs. The Azul Macaubus is stunning. I love the pattern of this particular slab, as well as the color, but the price is 2.5 times as much as the white and there is only 1 large slab available. If we go with the Azul, we would just use it on the 96" x 51" island. The two perimeter counter runs would be done in a gray or white quartz (possibly Caesarstone Pebble or Organic White or LG Viatera Natural Limestone). DH is not crazy about quartz, but would live with it on the perimeter to complement the showpiece island.

Which do you think would look better: the White Macaubus everywhere, or the Azul Macaubus on the island and neutral quartz on the perimeter? (The perimeter consists of a 10' long counter on the sink run, which has a 20" deep bump out behind the sink for a bay window, plus 3' of counter on each side of the range.) The cabinets will be walnut with slab doors and drawers.

Inspiration kitchen photos

White Macaubus

{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}

Azul Macaubus

LG Viatera Natural Limestone

{{!gwi}}

Comments (25)