SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
firstmmo

Island Granite in--White Quartz pics!

firstmmo
14 years ago

They delivered and installed my White Princess Quartz counter for my island today. It was so exciting and I just love it. Now I know how you people with "granite love" feel. They are perfect! I had them honed and the finish makes the mica in the quartz shimmer....with the right angle, the white parts look sparkly gorgeous--like PEARLS! The second picture almost shows the shimmer and pearly quality on top of the drawers.

My fabricator was super worried about these slabs because he said they are so fragile to cut. He said it was like cutting sugar--had to cut them very slowwwwlllllly. But, now that they are cut and installed with reinforced plywood and rods, they are as strong as any other granite. LOVE them. My cabs look very yellow in these pics but they are actually fairly white (painted BM Simply White). The counters have a grayish/whitish cast to them, and I was worried about them being too "busy" since I am a marble lover. But I think they turned out just right. As mentioned, I especially love the pearlescent look and wish I could capture that in pics!

The perimeters and backsplashes will be next to fabricate!

From Menlo Farmhouse

From Menlo Farmhouse

From Menlo Farmhouse

From Menlo Farmhouse

Comments (49)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting