SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ninapearl_gw

newest additions to 'marshmallow acres'

Ninapearl
12 years ago

i was gonna post this in the farm life forum but what the heck, these little critters are gonna be PETS so here we are!

since i had to re-home my miniature horses, i have been looking out at the empty dry lot and missing watching them run and buck and play. it's much too quiet around here and while i will forever be unable to care for large animals, i've had goats in the past and they are SO easy to care for.

i haven't yet named these little girls yet, they are fainting goats, just a couple months old. i will be bringing them home in 2 or 3 weeks, after i get my son out here to help me with some fencing modifications...

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

i also have a friend who is giving me her little billy pygmy/fainter cross. this is "joker"...

{{!gwi}}

i will keep him separated from the 3 little does until he is banded. i don't have any aspirations to raise a whole herd even though they are as cute as can be! :)

speaking of the mini horses, their new owner came yesterday to pick up a load of hay. he told me they are so thrilled with red and rebel, they are SUCH little characters and are settling in nicely. rebel, apparently, is living up to his name. he has figured out how to pop the gate off the hinges and escape. red stops at the green grass but rebel trots up to the house and whinnys at the kitchen door until somebody goes outside with a bag of marshmallows. i told wayne that when i am completely recovered from my back surgery, maybe later in the fall, i would love to volunteer to help with the petting zoo when he sets up at different places. he was thrilled with the offer and it'll be a great way for me to stay in touch with my little guys!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!