SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yesdear_gw

Finished 1930 Spanish Kitchen - photos

yesdear
15 years ago

Hi everyone...

DW and I promised last fall to update with photos once we were complete. We're 99.9% there, so here we go! (I tried posting on the Gallery section with modest success.)

Range - CornuFe in basic black.

Frig - Liebherr 60" built-in.

DW - Miele Optima with panel front.

Cabinets - locally made face-frame of birch with inset panel & bead detail on doors, melamine interiors, Blumotion hinges and all the internal bells & whistles.

Countertops - Brazilian Black soapstone with radiused corners and eased edge. Runnels by the sink. Mahogany top on the beadboard hutch.

Sinks - Rohl Shaws Original 30" apron and 15" undermount prep with ISE Evolution disposers.

Faucets - Kohler Vinnata (K-690, K-691)in brushed nickel.

Cab hardware - "Duluth" 6" pulls and 1.25" knobs in brushed nickel from Restoration Hardware.

Appliance pulls - Top Knobs 12" pulls in BN. The DW has one mounted horizontally--also serves as towel rack!

Floors - Original 1930 tongue-in-groove fir, sanded, repaired and refinished after removing 2 layers of linoleum.

Windows - Custom arched 3-lite pull casement, based on a ~1930 design I saw in the neighborhood.

Lighting - Schoolhouse Electric, all fluorescent GU24 except the pendants (too small for GU24 bulbs). Different ceiling mounts in kitchen, pantry and laundry.

Hood - Best PIK 45 with custom arched drywall enclosure and remote switch.

Tile Mural - from Tierra y Fuego in San Diego CA.

Backsplash - custom 2.5 x 5" Chardonnay color handmade subway by Ken Mason Tile, Long Beach CA.

Paint - all BM, Mountain Lane "Aura" green accent, Cloud White "Aura" wall base color, Lemon Chiffon oil-base on cabs and trim.

Our CKD is Dana Jones, "The Kitchen Consultant," in Long Beach, CA. Our GC is Bob Kaplan of Long Beach, CA.

Thanks everyone for the great ideas and inspiration. We are sooooo happy!!

Comments (46)