SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hbrrbh

Magnetic knife rack in drawer

hbrrbh
10 years ago

Thanks to the kind responses to my previous post about what might be stored in a very shallow I1.5 inch high) 30 inch wide drawer under a cooktop, I'm rethinking. I'd really love to store knives in that drawer, as we do need a place to put them, so that would actually be useful -- and the cutting boards could also fit right next to them.

However, it definitely isn't high enough for a traditional in drawer knife block. I've been looking for images of using a magnet strip in the drawer, so that knifes could be stored flat on the magnet, but I only seem to find these magnet strips used on walls. Has anyone done this in a drawer, or seen this in a drawer? Is there a particular reason not to do it? I think it would be safe enough, I would put the magnet strip towards the back of the drawer (which is also shorter than usual), so the handles would be towards the front. Also, we don't have any small children at home.

Thanks, we're in the home stretch but are going to be ABB (and all but paint -- is that an acronym?) for who knows how long, so I've been waiting to post photos.

Comments (9)