SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
onyxdaily

Actual injury or was he faking it

onyxdaily
17 years ago

I'll start off with he is completely fine, no injuries, running and playing like always, but...

This past Saturday Jasper gave me quite a scare. In Ohio we got alot of sleet / freezing rain, whatever you call it, it produced alot of slush on the porch. Jasper and I got home from the store, both got out of the car, I entered the house, and Jasper stopped to do his business, then he ran up to the house to come in. Well, I was waiting for him with the door open, and he slipped on the porch and kind of fell onto his bottom / side. I bent to help him up but he got right up and took one step into the house, then just let out this absolutely horrendous scream. There is no other way to describe it. It was a scream that stood my hairs on end. I dropped down and started checking out all his limbs, his side, everything, the entire time he was screaming. I was about in tears. I layed him down on his side to get a better look. Then he abruptly stopped screaming. After a thorough body check, and I could find nothing, I turned to grab a treat for him being such a brave boy, and what did he do but stand right up and start running around, then started playing with his brother and sister. I've been watching him closely since for the least limp or anything out of the norm, but I'm beginning to think he was either faking or he's a little drama king. Has anyone experienced anything similar, do dogs fake or exagerate injury (I know many humans that do, lol, but no dogs). Maybe to get attention?

Comments (11)