SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bug_girl

Buying a new camera questions, how many pixels?

bug_girl
17 years ago

I am looking into getting a new camera, and have a Sony Cybershot from 2001, and it has good, but the problem is it canÂt capture motion. I want to film my new kitten with is always moving, and the zoom feature is horrible. Anytime you zoom in, the photo becomes a blurry mess, so I never use the zoom. I donÂt want to spend more then 300 dollars. I almost got a new Cybershot, but the memory stick had changed so I would have to start all over with a new memory stick. A plus would be a camera that worked on regular batteries, instead of special batteries. I could save money not buy the expensive batteries. I could pocket as many as I needed to take with me. This Cybershot said the zoom was only 3 times, and it could end up being as awful as my 2001 Cybershot for the zoom.

When I bought the Cybershot, I spent way too much, and I donÂt want to repeat my past mistakes. Sony takes you to the cleaners on accessories. A small plastic ring, that allowed filters was 97 dollars. I was so confused I bought the optional flash, but it also was disappointing. My old camera has a macro, so I donÂt need that so much, as a good zoom, and good motion settings. I like the Pentax Optio S7, but it is not out now, and I need something before early September when I am going to a convention. I would consider any and all brands. I think 8 pixels could be more then I need. Is it logical to keeping going up in pixels? Is 8 pixels much better then say 6 pixels? It seems like the new cameras are almost too small with too many pixels, these days. I would like input from those using newer cameras, since I donÂt really know what the deal is with newer cameras. I do not want removable lens. Just one lens to make it simple.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pentax Optio S7

Comments (5)

Sponsored