SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

some people should be their own pets!

vacuumfreak
17 years ago

I was taking my walk on the nature trail behind our apartment complex yesterday and I had an interesting experience with a dog. I was walking through the parking lot between the rows of buildings on the way to the trail. Minding my own business... had sunglasses on and was listening to my iPod, in my own little world. I was suddenly approached by a rather large brown/black mutt or mix looking dog. She ran full speed toward me and started licking my hand. She was not on a leash. I stopped to pet her because she seemed friendly and then kept on for my destination. Then her human. The lady screamed to me, "If you'd stand still I could get my dog... she's trying to follow you!" I stopped and the lady yelled, "LEENA, LEENA... YOU GET YOUR @$$ over here. You are going to get it when you get home you stupid dog!" The more she yelled, the faster Leena ran toward the woods. I didn't even look to see if she caught her because I was so disgusted and wanted to smack the lady in the face. First, why have a dog if you are going to talk to them like that. If you are going to walk them off leash that's your own stupid decision, don't be mad at them for running! That's what dogs do. I think Leena was trying asking me to rescue her and running to escape her mean mommy! Even though I'm a "cat person" I enjoy dogs to a degree and am not scared of them. How did this lady know that a child (or adult)wasn't going to come by that was terrified of dogs. Or that a car wasn't backing up at just the right moment to hit her dog. I don't think she would have cared either way. I feel so sorry for that poor animal and I wish just for a day Leena could be the human and the sorry excuse for a human could be the dog! I also watched in horror as my upstairs neighbors... the same ones who barely speak a word of English and think it's okay to let their 3 year old run across their floor and my roof at 3 am every night... yes the same ones with their brand new chihuahua puppy in the grass. They were walking it. The mom was standing there while the 3 year old had hold of the leash. She was JERKING the puppy by the neck when he wouldn't follow her! I watched the poor little thing become airborn 2 times. The mom told me, "The puppy have already maka the throwing up in the floor, for che janking the leach real harrr." Then gave a giggle and returned to her cell phone conversation. My friend Sheila and I were on our way to the pool and saw this in passing. Sheila who doesn't even live in my complex and is a total stranger told the little girl to be careful because he was just a puppy! I doubt she understood, but I'd sure like to put a collar on the mom and girl and JANK them around a while! I guess I'm helpless... all I can do is make sure I treat my furbaby right... I certainly can't steal the pets from the people who don't care about them. I think there should be a license required before pet ownership is allowed. Not that it would help... I assume most crashes are caused by peole with a license too! Thanks for letting me vent!

Comments (13)