SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunshinetm

food change & ear infection?

sunshinetm
16 years ago

OK, this is in continuation of a previous thread; I wanted to start a new thread that would be specific to this topic, hope that makes sense. Any way, my dog Pumpkin had an ear infection in one ear only. I got ear meds from Vet & used as prescribed. A few days after stopping ear treatment, she began itching ear again & there is the same brown wax starting to appear again. I am starting up the eardrops again & plan on finishing the bottle, there is a few more days worth left. Today I started to change her food over to Natural Balance Potato & Duck formula mixed with her old food. I am planning on ordering some OtiClens as well. My question is, how will I know if it was the food that caused the ear infection? If it were an allergy to food, would it only affect one ear & no other signs of allergy reaction? I know that if her ear clears up & no more problems, this would lead me to believe the food may have caused it. Anyway, I was just curious about this. Also, thanks to everyone who posted on a different thread about what to look for in dog food & be able to rate it. This food I am trying now seems to be the way to go even if it wasnÂt her ear problem, it earned an A+ on the scale posted. Thanks,

Here is a link that might be useful: link to original thread

Comments (16)