SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jcs7

is cat pee inevitable?

jcs7
18 years ago

We are hoping to get a kitten this spring.

I had two cats, but the male was, naturally, disturbed by my acquiring a husband, then 1.5 years later adding a baby, then 1.5 yrs. later another baby, then 1.5 yrs. later another baby. Probably a typical reaction to losing your single and snuggly woman: he started peeing in the laundry baskets containing the babies' clothes. (kitchen renovation btw. baby #2 and #3 put him over the edge)

They are happy with new owner.

My youngest is now 4. I told them we had to wait until noisy renovations here in new (old) house are complete before we get a pet.

(Please be gentle. I know now how hard it must have been for those two kitties to continually have changes in sound, smell, sight, and touch.)

But, now I am afraid of that dread when I get a sniff of pee. The previous owner, 1.5 yrs ago (weird...) had a few cats. Carpet was removed and floors refinished. But my kids have had accidents on 2nd floor carpet while potty-training. Will they smell that and mark?

My question is, can you have a cat for its entire lifetime without it peeing outside of it litter box?

Comments (16)