SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
estreya_gw

I think my cat might have had a stroke ...

estreya
16 years ago

Hi, everyone ...

So a few weeks ago, my 17 year old cat developed a limp, or more accurately, an overall weakness of her rear, and a slight favoring of one leg. I took her to the vet, and he diagnosed her with "crepidus." He said her blood work was excellent, especially for a cat her age. He diagnosed a steroid as an anti-inflamatory, which a few folks here said i must be very careful with. After calling the vet to ask about the steriod, he told me to give it to her every other day, which i've been doing.

Today, i noticed that one pupil is dilated. Just one. The other is fine. I called the vet immediately, and made an appointment for tomorrow morning.

In doing a little on-line research, i'm starting to think she might have had a stroke a few weeks back. Could this be possible?

She's been eating fine, drinking fine, using her littler box, and her temperament has been perfectly fine. She's purring and head-butting and seem overall quite comfortable. Her self-grooming is suffering, and she's getting some matted fur, but i think that's because she can't get to certain areas the way she used to.

What do you all think?

This is wrenching, you guys ...

Comments (5)