SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bestlawn

How on earth do I tell her now?

bestlawn
16 years ago

A friend of mine is Jehovah's Witness and just left here having a Bible study with me. I told her when we decided to do this that I was not at all interested in becoming a JW but think I would enjoy a Bible study. As she was leaving, she created a standing appointment for every Monday. Asked me what time I wanted her to come every Monday. I told her "The same time you came today is good" but was really caught by surprise. Now, I have no idea how to tell her I don't want any more. You know I am not normally lost for words, but I am totally lost this time. I did not enjoy it at all for the same reasons I don't want to become JW. For some stupid reason, I thought this would be different since there was no intent and she understood that.

I've known her for 8 or 9 years and though she has suggested doing a Bible study on occasion, I politely declined and she didn't push. This time, she was in the ER getting tests done for a possible heart attack, and I was there with her for an hour or so. I was sure to keep in constant contact with her in the days that followed. I guess because I was so horried it made me a little vulnerable, too. I don't know, maybe the next one will be better. I doubt it though. oooh brother

Comments (38)