SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carriem25

Yet another bar stool question

carriem25
16 years ago

I dragged my dh (with the d not so much meaning "dear"....) to the furniture store to show him the stools I had picked out. They met his specifications exactly - no back, swivel seat, sturdy construction. All seemed good.

Then he fell in love.

Now, mostly my dh is not really interested in anything decor related, but occasionally he has a strong opinion on something. I usually indulge him, since our tastes are not dissimilar and his choices are generally in line what I was originally looking at.

Here is our kitchen, with the bar area is question:

It is a great room style, open to the dining area:

Here is the stool that dh picked out:

{{!gwi}}

With this qualifier: there are about 20 "die cut" backs to choose from (I could only find a picture of the lighthouse, but the coffee cup one is also very common), and dh would like three different ones : hockey, football, and fishing.

Did I mention that dh is sports fan(atic)?

He was fine with the colour and upholstery I picked (a medium brown frame with dark brown vinyl seats almost identical to what is on the dining chairs), but he really wants these die-cut backed stools. Funny, since he was the one who was adamantly against the backs in the first place, LOL.

The stools are well made and comfortable. We can order them with a "memory swivel" that will always return them facing front. They are pricey but have a ten year warranty and will get daily use from our two kids (13 and nearly 10) as well as frequent guests.

Am I crazy for even *considering* this? Will they look absolutley horrible? While the sports "theme" would not be my first choice, I don't *hate* them.

Thoughts?

Carrie

Comments (5)