SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

if you were to get a second cat, where from???

17 years ago

Hi there! I have decided that it's time to add a second cat to my family, but I'd like opinions on where to get it from. While my Jasper is amazing, I'm pretty sure he could use a buddy while I am at work all day. Also, I am having kitty pangs... one just isn't enough! Two is the perfect amount (but certainly no more!). Jasper and I would both benefit from a new friend, I think I should have gotten two to start with. The problem is that there are two sources in my town to get them from. One is a no kill shelter where my current cat came from, and the other is the standard kill shelter. I just found out about the kill shelter because there was an add on Craigs List from them pleading for someone to rescue the poor Siamese kittys who's time is running out. If I adopt from the kill shelter am I supporting their philosophy, or saving a life? Or, should I go to both places and see which kitty I connect with? Jasper is a 1 year old neutered male and I have decided to get an adult cat. Any ideas on which gender would be the better batch? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Comments (13)