SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristenfl

Granite Template Tomorrow, Advice Appreciated

kristenfl
16 years ago

OK. After driving everyone in my home crazy, I have come down to a final decision for my countertop. I have chosen Brazilian Black granite.

I had first chosen Absolute Black at Expo. I took it home and played with it, and couldn't believe the smudges. I then started to read and got scared. I then became interested in soapstone. I will always love the way it feels and the look, but I have decided it probably isn't right for my kitchen. I fell in love with it seeing it in others' kitchens, but the color I wanted was a softer variety and not quite right for our home. I saw the Brazilian Black at a display at Lowe's right next to an Absolute Black display. The Brazilian Black didn't show the smudges like the other.

I have them coming out tomorrow to template for the granite. What do I need to look out for? They said that they were going to put a seam at the sink because they like to have the smallest seam possible. I saw a picture of a kitchen here one day, and I thought that it was very noticable there, because that's where your eye is drawn. I have decided on a standard edge. What about the undermount sink? He recommended a 1/8 of an inch overlap on the sink. Is that a good idea? I know that it helps with seeing the place where the sink meets the granite but will it be more likely to chip there?

Any other help before my meeting is sooooo appreciated. My mini kitchen remodel is small compared to many here, but it means the world to me!

This is a picture of my kitchen for reference. I bought the Tricor S305

http://www.galaxytoolsupply.com/product_p/s305.htm

Because of our shutters, I had to have a low profile faucet. I decided on the Grohe Alira in Stainless Steel

http://www.lowcostplumbing.com/store3/grohe-alira-2spray-pullout-steel-32999sd0-p-1239.html

I'm going to wait to get the granite in, and then decide what to do with the doors and the backsplash. I'm thinking of some sort of stainless sheet or tiles for the backsplash.

Comments (6)