SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pandanoke

Question for Meghane/other vets

pandanoke
14 years ago

OK, so I have a bit of a dilemma, and I don't know what to do! We have three dogs, and also foster a dog for an animal rescue that I volunteer for. This rescue also has a clinic that does low-cost vaccines/rabies shots. Our dogs have a regular vet that we adore, but who's prices are on the higher side, especially when compared to the rescue's prices.

The logical side of me says "Of course, save the money and get the yearly shots done at the clinic". The 'feeling' side of me thinks that my vet might feel some disloyalty from me in not giving them all of my business, because they have been good to us.

I've been wrangling with this for a couple of months now, and of course, 2 of the dogs are now overdue on their shots. (the third had to be seen for something else, and got her shots then, which was the reminder of how expensive they are). I'm not talking a difference of a couple of bucks. If it were that small, it would be a no-brainer. The clinic is $10 for the visit and $10 for each shot, as opposed to about three times that at our vet.

I'd love to get opinions on this....thank you!

Comments (5)