SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sue36_gw

How to get cat urine off upholstery?

sue36
16 years ago

When I got up this morning I noticed the fleece blanket on a chair in our great room was rumbled. As I straightened it out I saw it was wet. Cat pee! I can't believe this, I have never had a cat with litter box issues. My Ragdoll Max is almost 6 months old and we've never had an issue with him. Anyway. It is a very expensive chair/ottoman set. The pee got on the cushion and ran down the back and is on the bottom of the tufted back near the seat, and the seat has a half oval stain (about 10x4) on the seat itself. And of course it stinks,

I don't know what to do. I've blotted up all I can. If it was a rug I would use Nature's Miracle (I have some on hand bevause I had a sick cat last year). But this is very expensive upholstery. Do I take the cushion to be drycleaned? Is there a service that comes to the house or that I can take the entire chair to? Any help is apppreciated.

And any idea why a 6 month old neutered (long ago) male would start this? He's been acting perfectly normal. Still is, in fact. Thanks.

Comments (5)