SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosegarden3

Dog has REALLY bad gas, what to do?

rosegarden3
16 years ago

I have a female GR about 10 months old. She has had gas since I got her when she was about 4 months old. But it just keeps getting worse. Now she is passing gas about every 10 or 15 min., and the smell is worse too. This is getting really bad! She is stinking us out! I talked to the vet and she said that it was probably the food she was eating. I posted on here about dog food and got great answers. I started her on Iams when we got her. I then changed her to Candiae, still had gas, after 2 40lbs bags. So I then changed her to Wellness, 2 40lbs bags later still has gas. the same with Chicken soup for the large breed puppies soul. So I asked the vet again and she said that the food might be to rich for her and that I should try a *gulp* cheaper food, so she is now on Nutro natural choice for large breed, and it just keeps getting worse. And the cheaper food thing I'm not sure I understand that. Do I need a new vet?

I'm thinking maybe it is what ever meat that is in the dog food like "beef" or "lamb" or "chicken".

before winter hit I had a problem with her eating grass and chewing on sticks, so I thought this might be the problem, but she no longer does this!

BTW I do not feed her ANY people food!

Please Help! any suggestions?

Comments (22)