SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bkboston

30' Message Center - Need Ideas/Help

bkboston
15 years ago

I'm trying to sketch out the cabinet plan for a 30" message center and am stuck! Ideally, a laptop(13"), phone(10") and Bose radio/cd(14")would live there. More than 30" of stuff - whoops. The Bose could go on a shelf but it opens from the top to access the cd (min of 9" clearance). This would also be the home of phone books, mail, school lunch menu, paper, pens, tape, etc.

In addition to the solving the space equation, I am wondering about the 'look' of this part of the kitchen.

I feel like if it has a cabinet treatment (like the attached sketch) then it will probably need to have the same backsplash as the rest of the kitchen. However, if I go with open shelving (instead of closed upper cabinet with a shelf below), I could treat this with cork board, magnet board or something different. It's immediately on the right when entering from the mudroom. We have a separate office elsewhere so I don't need a desk area - just a landing area and home for communication-related things that we need frequent/quick access to.

I'd love any thoughts or ideas for these 30"...and any pictures anyone has of their message centers!

Thanks.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (6)