SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sharon620

French Country / Country French (?) decorating

sharon620
14 years ago

Hello

I am not sure which was it is suppose to go or even if this the way I am decorating but I know what I like and this is what it seems like. haha

I am looking to mix and match different patterns. I love blues, reds, yellows, greens, golds etc. I am a huge color fan.

I recently painted my kitchen cabinets a not so white. They are not stark white but not off white. My floor is dark wood. I faux painted my countertops to look like black granite. They look horrible.

Anyhow, I recently tried to paint my lower cabinets a french country blue and distress them. I really like the way they came out. I only did one little section so far. Well my friends are telling me don't do it. Without seeing them they say I am going to get sick of them. ( Deep Breath) So a good friend of mine suggested I paint my kitchen a sage green.

The only sage green I like is BM dry sage. It is a bit dark but it looks great with the cabinets. Do you think I should keep doing the blue also ? I only have one window over the sink to really bring in any pattern or material .

Sorry for the very long post. Oh and my appliances are SS.

Thanks so much!

Happy Monday!

Sharon

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida