SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bumblebeezgw

So I found a dog on the street today...

a busy street, and I stopped, called and she came running over and hopped in my car. AHHH!

An adorable, older, non spayed, Boston terrier. Obviously used to riding in cars and being inside.

I went to around to several homes nearby - in a half mile area, called the humane shelter and have an appt. at my vet tomorrow to see if she is micro chipped and reasonably healthy. She does have a very noticeable cataract in one eye.

I put up signs at all stop signs nearby and looked online for lost Boston terriers.

She appeared healthy enough, no fleas that I can see, no discharges, a little thin though. So, I brought her home and she is sleeping in the laundry room. (on a dogbed w/ a blanket) Ate two small bowls of dogfood and drank a bowl of water. She probably would have eaten more if I had given her more.

More scared of going outside - it's raining now- than my JR which dh and I can hardly believe.

Ok, so now what? How long do I keep her? I can not decide if I want a third dog. That seems so over the top and frankly, expensive. I spent over two thousand in the past year on medical bills for one of my dogs and I cannot do that again (any time soon)

So, what if someone calls to claim her and they are bad dog owners? She wasn't spayed- a big x mark in my book.

Am I at a "rescue" stage? I think I would like to keep her while diligently looking for a good home.

How do I do that?

Right now, I do not plan on taking her to the Humane Shelter at all but would like to care for her while finding a home. She is extremely sweet, housebroken and quiet.

I need help!!

Comments (17)