SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
taggie_gw

Finished Kitchen Reveal -- Traditional Yellow Stained Cabs

taggie
12 years ago

I finally have pics of our new kitchen. We've been done almost two months now and are so happy with it. It's the perfect kitchen for us and works for the way we live.

Many thanks to the wonderful folks on gardenweb for helping design my kitchen. Some who helped overtly by making suggestions on the layout -- Rhome you probably don't even remember but I'll be forever greatful to you! And some who helped without knowing it by just influencing my choices -- buehl whose upper tray storage idea I used and who I think first introduced me to the sharp mw drawer, thynes who influenced by backsplash tiles, and many many more. Before gardenweb, I'd never even heard of some of the things we ended up putting into our kitchen, e.g., the refrigerator drawers as one example. I just love this site!

Prior to remodel, our stove was on a far wall across the aisle from water, while fridge and pantry were behind the island ... totally bass-ackwards and I felt like I was running an obstacle course every time I took a boiling pot of water from the stove, navigating over the dog and around hubby who was likely at the fridge getting cream for his coffee. The biggest change our remodel was switching the fridge and stove runs, and putting a second sink/beverage area which my husband can use while I cook and we aren't in each other's way now. Yay.

Cabinets: Local Custom Cabinet Maker (in GTA, Canada)

Fridge/Freezer: Kenmore Pros with risers & top/bottom trim kit

Range: Monogram ZDP484GPSS

Hood Insert: Monogram ZVC48LSS

Fridge/Freezer Drawers: JennAir JUD248C

Microwaves: Sharp 24" drawer KB6014MSC and Kenmore cheapie

Coffee Maker: Miele CVA4066

Trash Compactor: Kitchenaid KUCS03FTPA

Dishwashers: Kenmore Elite tall tub & Kenmore Elite drawer

Main Sink: Kindred couble offset (forget the model)

Bar Sink: Nantucket NS20

Faucets: Delta Waterfall & Delta Addison

Other Faucets: Insinkerator Hot at main sink, Insinkerator Cold at bar sink

Other Gadgets: Insinkerator Garbage Disposal, Hot Tank, Water Chiller

Backsplashes: Saltillo Tile las vegas and alaska

Tile floor: Astor 18s and 12s in hopscotch pattern

Chandelier & Pendants: Rona cheapies

Favorite things:

-- Coffee maker (I would marry it if I could, I love it so much :))

-- The workflow!! Finally, a kitchen that works!

-- Grill: took me a while to try this out, but have just used it 7 nights in a row now and it's fantastic

-- Remote mount hood control (it's just fun every time I turn it on)

-- Dog food drawer

-- DH's vitamin drawer (it looks a mess inside, but they used to get left all over the desk in our pre-drawer kitchen ... now everything stays in the drawer and the mess gets shut away, it's magic :))

-- Too many other tings to mention so I'll finally shut and post some pics now

Finally, a couple cool little extras our cabinet maker did for us:

Put niches in the back undersides of the island so we can keep our laptop cords there:

Made us these little 'shelf boxes' to raise smaller items in our glass uppers so they can be seen from floor level -- he stained the boxes dark or yellow to match the respective cabs, and it was a nice surprise for us as we weren't expecting these:

Did custom, movable drawer dividers - after the kitchen was installed he asked us which way we wanted dividers to go for each drawer (horizontal or vertical) then came back a couple days later with drawer dividers custom cut to wedge in tight, but we can unwedge and move them depending on what we want to store:

I love my new kitchen. Thanks to everyone on gardenweb for helping to shape it!

Comments (68)