SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flynnnj

Pottery Barn Knobs & Pulls with White Cabinets & light floors

flynnnj
12 years ago

Almost every white kitchen that I've seen has a dark wood floor or a tile that provides contrast. Are there some photos of cabinets with light ceramic tile on the floor? I'm doing a Shaker style door from Jim Bishop in Nordic White which is a little creamy.

My floor is off-white with an oatmealish graininess to it. It photographs darker but is pretty close in color to the old bisque stove. It's goes from the kitchen into the hall foyer and laundry hallway....just simple enough to be in the background - but I'm not sure what to do with the counters and backsplash. I was sure I would do granite until the Kitchen Designer showed me some very interesting colors in Corian - HELP!

I'm drawn to a rustic or vintage look for the knobs and handles. Have you seen the new Equestrian knobs and pulls from Pottery Barn? I love the look but read that there were problems with the screws being too short. I just called and PB said the problem has been corrected and the new shipments will have screws that are long enough.

I thought they would complement the simplicity of the Shaker door and my antique pine hutch. Or would they be too strong a statement and I should look at something simpler like an aged pewter?

Next - what color granite would be good to go with them?

Comments (3)