SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hamsundm

Gray walls with oak trim? Can it work?

hamsundm
14 years ago

Our bedroom is finally going to get an overhaul. It's been very neglected. Of course, my son's room has been painted... twice! Go figure.

Anyway, we have decent golden oak trim thru the house with nice oak doors. Not sure how long we'll stay here and tho I do love white trim, we'll not be painting it.

I also have a large oak amish made dresser that I can't imagine painting.

SO- I want a peaceful, serene room, finally. (like a ttodd knock-off! :) I found a steal-deal coverlette in gray and am trying to figure out if I can make this work. Thinking gray on the bed, lighter gray on the walls, maybe a few splashes of purple (I have a gorgeous lamp I need to work in somewhere) and a few b&w photos on the walls... Floors will be new carpet - color yet tbd. Windows would be sheer white with gray side panels or top.

Long story short - Can a cool color work with the warm trim or am I way off? The rest of the house is pretty warm and I'm used to working with that. I'm a little out of my element here.

Basically I need to figure out if I should take back my coverlette before it's too late to return!

Any thoughts or pics would be so appreciated.

Comments (15)