SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindyandmocha

tired

cindyandmocha
17 years ago

Yanno... sometimes I just get.. well.. "tired".

I try to be positive. I try not to balk when someone wants to "breed their special toy". I try not to get upset when someone thinks their big lab is the greatest dog in the world and needs a litter.

But gawd it's hard. I have four big muts. HOWEVER -- in the breeding world? they are special dogs.

My aussie is a natural tail. Aussie breeders (at least any worthy one) will not breed a "natural born bobtail" to same. It promotes spinal problems. My all red merle is a special one in the aussie breeder's eyes.

My malinois is too. He's big, he's obedient, he's devoted. In mali breeders' eyes, he's a peach.

My English shepherd is a rarity. She's pretty, she's perfect. She's shy but that's just the english shep's trait.

Now the reality -- all 3 were shelter dogs that would have been put to sleep. 40% of all shelter dogs are purebreds. That's a fact.

Mine were sweeties that just caught a break. Lucky them -- luckier me.

Most areas have breeds they get more of -- in some areas its a toy breed, in others it's a herder or hunting dog.

I guess I just wanted to let folks know that there are breeds of dogs in all areas. I hope many consider adoption.

Comments (8)