SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aurora_sb16_gw

Tobacco Road color issues! Help!

aurora_sb16
12 years ago

We just purchased our new house and had it repainted before moving in. I saw many posts about how much everyone loved Tobacco road by Duron... I love how it turned out in our Kitchen but in our living room it looks really dark and Gold! I found this formula on decor chick's blog. I have compared it to the original formula from Sherwin Williams, they are pretty much the same. But on the photos i've seen on here it looks much lighter, more like the plantation beige. I need help with what I should do. Should I paint my living room a lighter shade like plantation beige, or do a pittsfield buff, or even SW believable buff, and have it still work with the Tobacco road in the kitchen and bedrooms? Or maybe just paint the one wall the TV armoire is a lighter shade? Or just keep it the way it is, becuase I can live with it:-) And my hubby does not want to paint again for a long time! Here's photos so you can see! Oh and the white on the trim and ceiling is SW Roman Column...

The Kitchen

The Living Room

p.s. there is now a red wood burning stove where that couch is on the fireplace stone!

Comments (5)