SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

What kind of valance used with panels on decorative rods?

I am helping some friends decide on some drapes or curtains. They picked decorative rods, with finials on the ends, such as are used for rod pocket draperies. I showed them all sorts of types of rods, and explained what kind of curtains/drapes work for each.

But then they asked me if they could add a valance. For the life of me I can't figure out what sort of valance could work with decorative rods. I don't have any of those myself: all my rods are layered with sheers, then curtains, then a valance that completely covers the top.

They have 2 very wide triple windows: over 100" in width: dining room and living room. I have a hard time visualizing a valance that would look good on a window that wide, anyway. Plus two smaller window. I think the budget will be blown with the panels alone, without a valance. They can't sew.

They live in the city and need privacy (the neighbor's side door is only 4 feet away from their dining room window), but still need light. The curtains would be closed most of the time. The curtains they have narrowed it down to are ivory or off-white, to let in the most light. So are their walls. I said it might look too bland: big expanse of off white wall and all that off white drapery. That's when they said, "Well, can we dress it up with a valance?" H'mm�

Can anyone give me any ideas? Thanks!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert