SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crl_

Aura paint review

crl_
16 years ago

I'm pretty much a painting novice, so take this for what it is worth. (I asked some questions here and got help so I'd like to try to pay it forward a bit.)

I recently used Aura paint to paint a master bedroom. The wall color was a medium green, somewhere between teal and aqua. The ceiling was white. I had the store mix Aura in an eggshell finish in Guilford Green (not one of the affinity colors designed for Aura paint). I painted walls and ceiling with the paint. I did not prime. It took one coat, plus touch-ups, especially on the ceiling. It was virtually no odor and I had less spattering than I have had with other paints (like Behr) in the past. It looks great on the walls!

I also used Aura paint, mixed in Ryan's Room red (again not an Affinity color), to paint some unfinished pine furniture for my son's room. This was in satin (Aura does not come in semi or gloss) It took three coats of the paint. Again, virtually no odor. The pieces are very small so I used less than one quart. If I were painting a ton of furniture in a color like red that takes a lot of coats I might think about priming just to save money as the Aura paint is not cheap. . . . On the other hand the Aura is great to work with indoors because of the low-odor.

I am very pleased with the Aura paint and plan to use it for other rooms in the house, although I think we may hire someone to do some or all of the rest of the painting as I am very slow at it.

I would be happy to try to answer questions. Hope this is of some help.

Catherine

Comments (17)