SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lawsjl

Full Spectrum Paint Neutral~ Don't Want to Pull From Focal

lawsjl
13 years ago

Hi Everyone!

Color is my strong point other than to flub it up! I had been here earlier in the month looking for help with a color to go with a mural. Well, the mural arrived and I realized it wasn't really what I wanted...so I am back at step one again.

I have chosen a new Wall Mural completely different from the last. It has mostly very warm tones and darker rich jewel tones. I want to keep the walls as light and airy as possible. There aren't really any colors I want to pull from the mural. The ones I like are way to dark (blue, purple, etc.) So I need a great neutral that will capture the colors and make them dance on the wall.

I have a color deck from Citron and several of the neutral cards from EK. I really loved Pumice, but I am not sure it is right for this mural. I was thinking of Funcolors Taupe, but don't know if that is a good one. Citron has some gorgeous lighter neutrals too..Khaki, PRS&T or Dusk is gorgeous too. The Dusk changes nice from gray to lavender.

I am attaching a picture of the mural, my sofa, and a small layout of my room (not to scale, but gives good idea). I am thinking accent wall with one of the darker jewel tones on the wall in the DR behind table; or should I stay one color throughout? Accent wall Aubergine or Amethyst yummm!!!

or....

Here is the wild gal in me...do the entire room one color. As an accent wall use Mr. Darcy (dark gorgeous blue) and T.C.O.S. (incredible yellow green). With those two colors tape off and do random width horizontal stripes alternating colors. Huge mirror on the wall reflecting the mural back at the wall with the stripes...is that way to much? Be honest!!! I digress, I did say light and airy didn't I? Fickle woman here...the proof is in the text :)

Eastern morning sun. Light room but no direct room flooding sun. Gray/blue carpet.

Here's hoping my pictures upload, if not I will include a link to them on Photo Bucket.

Thanks in advance to all :)

Happy Hues,

Lisa

**Mural is 5x8 it doesn't fill the entire wall.

{{!gwi}}

Comment (1)