SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dylpup_gw

Does anyone have painted slab doors. Pics please

dylpup
14 years ago

Painters will be coming in a few weeks to do a major paint job on our home which has lots of wood trim and slab interior doors. I am ready for a change from this 80's style and want a contemporary look, though not severe. I am panicked at the idea of how it will all look painted and how to coordinate it.

Baseboards in hall, kitchen, entry, and eating areas are being replaced with tile trim that matches floor--a medium shade of gray with rust. In living room floor trim will match the walls.

My biggest uncertainty is how the slab doors will look down the hall--have a total of 5. A decorator friend suggested going dark on the doors. Have a hard time imagining it.

We also have Hurd wood casement windows with lots of trim that will be painted. The trim is narrow and flat. It's not worth drawing attention to it with a contrasting color except there is a lot of it around double windows.

Any pictures that show painted slab doors would be helpful. Also would it be best to go with a glossy paint on the window trim that matches the walls?

Comment